Thursday, August 27, 2009

For Friends at the King's Chapel

From Psalm 59....

From those who hate me, O my God, deliver,
They rise against me--Lord, be my Defender.
Bloodthirsty men of sin, workers of iniquity;
From them, O save me!

Like hungry dogs, around the city prowling,
Their lips are swords, I hear their evil growling.
For look, they lie in wait in the darkness secretly;
From them, O save me!

But God shall laugh and hold them in derision,
God is my strength--Yea, this is my confession.
Scatter them by Your pow'r, my desire let me see;
From them, O save me!

Now I will sing, for You, O Lord, have saved me,
And in the morning, thank You for Your mercy.
You are my sure defense, and my help through evil days;
So I shall sing Your praise!

Tune:Iste Confessor, Poitiers Antiphoner, 1746
Lyrics: Brian L. Penney, 2009

No comments: