Tuesday, July 15, 2008


Behold, My Son, My Servant

"Behold, My Son, My Servant,
in Whom My soul delights;
My Spirit is upon Him,
And He shall do what's right.
A bruised reed He will not break,
Nor quench a smoking flax;
For truth He brings forth justice,
By all His gracious acts."

Thus says the Lord Almighty,
Maker of heav'n and earth,
Creator of all people,
The One Who gives them breath;
"In righteousness I called You,
And I will hold Your hand;
I give You as a cov'nant,
A light to ev'ry land."

"Behold, My Son, My Servant,
In Whom My soul delights;
For those who sit in darkness,
He has become their light.
And new things I shall declare:
His foes shall Christ assail,
With zeal like a man of war,
Against them He'll prevail."

_____________________
Tune: Au Fort de Ma Detresse, French Psalter, 1539
Lyrics: Brian L. Penney, 2008, (from Isaiah 42)



No comments: