Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jehovah, How My Foes Increase
Psalm 3

Jehovah, how my foes increase,
And those who bring trouble my way;
They all rise up against me.
I hear their taunts both night and day:
“There is no help for him," they say,
"His God shall not sustain him.”

But You, Jehovah, are my shield,
My glory, O most glorious One;
The One Who lifts up my head.
I cried to You, my voice was heard,
You did not turn away from me,
From Zion’s hill You answered.

I lay me down, in restful sleep,
All through the darkness of the night;
I woke, the Lord had sustained me.
I will not fear, though countless foes
Encamp themselves on every side;
The Lord Himself is with me.

Arise, O Lord, save me, my God!
For You have struck my enemies
Upon the cheek, shattered their teeth;
Salvation belongs to our God!
Your blessings are forever found,
Upon Your favored people.
_____________________________
Tune: Kommt Her Zu Mir, 15th century German traditional
Lyrics: Brian L. Penney 2008

No comments: